50 Cent, born Curtis James Jackson III, is an American rapper, actor, and entrepreneur. He rose to fame in the early 2000s with his debut album “Get Rich or Die Tryin’,” which spawned hit singles like “In da Club” and “21 Questions.” Some other things about 50 Cent are that he is known for his gritty lyrics and aggressive style, and quickly became one of the biggest names in hip-hop. In addition to his successful music career, he has also ventured into acting, appearing in films like “Get Rich or Die Tryin'” and “Southpaw.” Outside of entertainment, 50 Cent has made a name for himself as a savvy businessman, with successful ventures in the beverage industry, fashion, and television production. He continues to be a prominent figure in popular culture, known for his charisma and entrepreneurial spirit. These are just a few of the many interesting 50 Cent facts. Check out the list below to find out more 50 Cent facts.
1. 50 Cent was born on July 6, 1975, in Queens, New York City.
2. His real name is Curtis James Jackson III.
3. He was raised in a rough neighborhood in South Jamaica, Queens.
4. 50 Cent's stage name comes from a metaphorical representation of change, symbolizing his transformation from a life of crime to a successful artist.
5. He began pursuing a career in music in the late 1990s and was signed to Columbia Records, but was dropped before releasing any albums.
6. In 2002, he released his debut album, "Get Rich or Die Tryin'," which sold over 12 million copies worldwide.
7. 50 Cent has been shot nine times, including a near-fatal incident in 2000.
8. He co-founded the record label G-Unit Records in 2003.
9. 50 Cent has won numerous awards throughout his career, including a Grammy Award for Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group for "Crack a Bottle" in 2010.
10. He has released multiple successful albums, including "The Massacre," "Curtis," and "Before I Self Destruct."
11. 50 Cent has collaborated with many prominent artists, such as Eminem, Dr. Dre, and Snoop Dogg.
12. He has also dabbled in acting, appearing in films like "Get Rich or Die Tryin'," "Southpaw," and "Escape Plan."
13. 50 Cent wrote an autobiography called "From Pieces to Weight: Once upon a Time in Southside Queens," which was published in 2005.
14. He has a son named Marquise Jackson, born in 1997.
15. 50 Cent has been involved in various business ventures, including a successful partnership with Vitaminwater, which earned him a reported $100 million when the company was sold to Coca-Cola in 2007.
16. He launched his own line of headphones called SMS Audio in 2011.
17. 50 Cent has been involved in philanthropy, particularly in the areas of education and hunger relief.
18. He has been involved in several feuds and controversies throughout his career, including high-profile conflicts with other artists such as Ja Rule and Rick Ross.
19. In 2015, 50 Cent filed for bankruptcy, citing debts of approximately $36 million.
20. He has acted in and produced the TV series "Power," which aired from 2014 to 2020.
21. 50 Cent has a strong presence on social media, particularly on Instagram, where he frequently shares updates and interacts with his fans.
22. He has been known for his entrepreneurial mindset, having invested in various companies and ventures, including cryptocurrency.
23. 50 Cent has a net worth estimated at around $30 million.
24. He is known for his distinctive voice and delivery style in his music.
25. 50 Cent has been nominated for and won several BET Hip Hop Awards throughout his career.
26. He has been involved in various legal battles, including lawsuits and issues related to his financial situation.
27. In addition to his music, acting, and business ventures, 50 Cent has also written a self-help book titled "Hustle Harder, Hustle Smarter," published in 2020.
28. He has collaborated with fashion brands such as Reebok and FRIGO RevolutionWear.
29. 50 Cent has been an active supporter of the LGBTQ+ community and has spoken out against homophobia.
30. Despite facing numerous challenges and setbacks, 50 Cent has remained a prominent figure in the entertainment industry, known for his resilience and determination.