Blackpink is a sensational South Korean girl group that burst onto the music scene in 2016. Comprised of four talented members – Jisoo, Jennie, Rosé, and Lisa – Blackpink has quickly become a global phenomenon, captivating fans with their infectious music, stunning visuals, and powerful performances. Their music seamlessly blends various genres like pop, hip-hop, and EDM, creating a unique sound that appeals to audiences worldwide. Known for their energetic dance routines and charismatic stage presence, Blackpink has gained a reputation for delivering electrifying performances. Their music videos consistently rack up millions of views on YouTube, breaking records and solidifying their status as one of the most popular K-pop acts. With their fierce style and empowering lyrics, Blackpink has become a symbol of girl power and has amassed a dedicated fanbase, affectionately known as “Blinks.” Whether they’re collaborating with international artists, gracing prestigious stages, or dominating music charts, Blackpink continues to make waves in the music industry, leaving an indelible mark on pop culture. In this list, you’ll discover 40 interesting Blackpink facts.
1. Blackpink is a South Korean girl group formed by YG Entertainment in 2016.
2. The group consists of four members: Jisoo, Jennie, Rosé, and Lisa.
3. Blackpink made their debut on August 8, 2016, with their single album "Square One" and its lead track, "Whistle."
4. Their fandom is called "Blink."
5. Blackpink is the highest-charting female K-pop group on the Billboard Hot 100, peaking at number 13 with their song "Ice Cream" featuring Selena Gomez.
6. The group's name, Blackpink, is a combination of the colors black and pink, representing the duality of their music and image.
7. Blackpink members are fluent in multiple languages, including Korean, English, Japanese, and Thai.
8. They are known for their powerful and energetic performances, incorporating various dance styles into their routines.
9. Blackpink's music incorporates different genres such as pop, hip-hop, EDM, and trap.
10. They are the first K-pop girl group to perform at Coachella in 2019.
11. Blackpink has collaborated with international artists such as Lady Gaga, Selena Gomez, and Dua Lipa.
12. Their music videos often break records and achieve millions of views within hours of release.
13. Blackpink's debut music video, "Boombayah," reached 100 million views on YouTube in just 170 days, the fastest for a debut K-pop group.
14. They have won numerous awards, including several Mnet Asian Music Awards and Gaon Chart Music Awards.
15. Blackpink's "Ddu-Du Ddu-Du" became the most-viewed music video by a K-pop group on YouTube, surpassing 1 billion views.
16. Jisoo is the oldest member of the group, born on January 3, 1995.
17. Jennie is the main rapper and the first member to be revealed to the public by YG Entertainment.
18. Rosé is the main vocalist and was born in New Zealand before moving to Australia.
19. Lisa is the main dancer and rapper, and she is from Thailand.
20. Blackpink's fanbase extends worldwide, with dedicated fans from various countries.
21. They have their own reality show called "Blackpink House," where fans can get a glimpse into their daily lives.
22. Blackpink has been praised for their fashion sense and has collaborated with luxury brands like Chanel and Dior.
23. They have a strong social media presence and are active on platforms like Instagram and Twitter.
24. Blackpink's official YouTube channel has millions of subscribers, making them one of the most popular K-pop acts on the platform.
25. Their first studio album, "The Album," released in 2020, debuted at number two on the Billboard 200 chart.
26. Blackpink has performed on various international television shows, including "The Late Late Show with James Corden" and "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon."
27. They have their own virtual avatar characters called "Blackpink avatars."
28. Blackpink has been recognized for their philanthropic efforts, including donations to various charitable organizations.
29. They have a strong stage presence and are known for their charismatic performances.
30. Blackpink's music has been featured in popular films and TV shows, including "Justice League" and "Kill This Love."
31. They have a strong following on social media platforms, with millions of followers on Instagram and Twitter.
32. Blackpink was the first female K-pop group to perform at the Olympic Games, during the closing ceremony of the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang.
33. They have their own reality show on Netflix called "Blackpink: Light Up the Sky," which provides an in-depth look into their journey as a group.
34. Blackpink's song "How You Like That" broke several Guinness World Records, including most viewed YouTube video in 24 hours and most viewed music video in 24 hours.
35. They have a massive global fanbase, with fans organizing fan projects, streaming parties, and fan art contests to support the group.
36. Blackpink has been praised for their vocal abilities, with each member showcasing their unique vocal styles.
37. They have performed at major music festivals around the world, including Coachella, Summer Sonic, and the Korean Music Festival.
38. Blackpink's fashion choices have made them style icons, with their outfits often becoming trends.
39. They have endorsed numerous brands, including Samsung, Adidas, and Pepsi.
40. Blackpink continues to break records and captivate audiences worldwide with their music, performances, and strong fanbase.