Drake, born Aubrey Drake Graham on October 24, 1986, in Toronto, Canada, is a multi-talented artist known for his success as a rapper, singer, songwriter, and actor. Emerging onto the music scene in the early 2000s, Drake gained initial recognition through his mixtapes, showcasing his distinctive blend of rap and R&B. His debut studio album, “Thank Me Later,” released in 2010, quickly solidified his status as a rising star. Drake’s introspective lyrics, melodic hooks, and smooth delivery have resonated with audiences worldwide, leading to numerous chart-topping hits such as “Hotline Bling,” “God’s Plan,” and “In My Feelings.” With a career spanning over a decade, Drake has released several critically acclaimed albums, including “Take Care,” “Nothing Was the Same,” and “Scorpion.” He has collaborated with a wide range of artists, from Lil Wayne and Rihanna to Travis Scott and Future, showcasing his versatility and ability to adapt to different musical styles. Beyond music, Drake has also ventured into acting, with notable roles in the television series “Degrassi: The Next Generation” and the film “Charlie Bartlett.” Known for his charismatic stage presence, Drake has embarked on multiple successful concert tours, captivating audiences with his energetic performances. With numerous accolades, including Grammy Awards and Billboard Music Awards, Drake has established himself as one of the most influential and commercially successful artists of his generation. In this list, you’ll discover 40 interesting Drake facts.
1. Drake's full name is Aubrey Drake Graham.
2. He was born on October 24, 1986, in Toronto, Canada.
3. Drake is of mixed heritage – his father is African American and his mother is Jewish Canadian.
4. He first gained fame as an actor playing Jimmy Brooks on the television series "Degrassi: The Next Generation."
5. Drake's music career started with the release of his mixtape, "Room for Improvement," in 2006.
6. He signed with Young Money Entertainment in 2009, the same label as Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj.
7. His debut studio album, "Thank Me Later," was released in 2010 and topped the charts in Canada and the United States.
8. Drake has won four Grammy Awards, including Best Rap Album for "Take Care" in 2013.
9. He is known for his emotional and introspective lyrics, often exploring themes of love, heartbreak, and success.
10. Drake has released several successful singles such as "Hotline Bling," "God's Plan," and "One Dance."
11. He holds numerous Billboard chart records, including the most top 10 hits on the Hot 100 by a male solo artist.
12. Drake became the first artist to surpass 50 billion combined streams on Spotify in 2020.
13. He is an accomplished songwriter, often co-writing his own songs, as well as songs for other artists.
14. Drake founded his own record label, OVO Sound, in 2012.
15. He has collaborated with several music industry heavyweights, including Rihanna, Eminem, Travis Scott, and Future.
16. Drake is also known for his philanthropy, donating money to various causes and organizations.
17. He is an avid sports fan and has been seen supporting some of Toronto's professional sports teams.
18. Drake has been involved in several controversies, including feuds with other rappers such as Kanye West and Pusha T.
19. He has a close friendship with fellow Canadian artist The Weeknd, and they have collaborated on multiple songs.
20. Drake's album, "Views," spent 13 non-consecutive weeks at number one on the Billboard 200.
21. He has his own clothing line called OVO (October's Very Own).
22. Drake is an ambassador for the Toronto Raptors basketball team and often sits courtside at their games.
23. He has a tattoo of his father's mugshot on his arm.
24. Drake has a son named Adonis, whom he kept secret until 2018.
25. He has a fear of flying and often travels by private jet to overcome it.
26. Drake has appeared in several movies, including "Ice Age: Continental Drift" and "Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues."
27. He has won numerous awards, including BET Hip Hop Awards, MTV Video Music Awards, and American Music Awards.
28. Drake has released several mixtapes, which have been critically acclaimed and commercially successful.
29. He has collaborated with fashion brands such as Nike, Jordan, and Canada Goose on limited-edition collections.
30. Drake is known for his unique dance moves, which often go viral on social media.
31. He has been romantically linked to several high-profile celebrities, including Rihanna and Jennifer Lopez.
32. Drake is close friends with basketball player LeBron James and frequently attends NBA games with him.
33. He has a deep love for his hometown, Toronto, and often references it in his music.
34. Drake's album "Scorpion" broke numerous streaming records upon its release.
35. He has been named one of the most influential people in the world by Time magazine.
36. Drake has a massive following on social media, with millions of followers on platforms like Instagram and Twitter.
37. He has been criticized for his use of ghostwriters, with accusations of not writing his own lyrics on some songs.
38. Drake has won the Juno Award for Canadian Album of the Year three times.
39. He often incorporates elements of different genres into his music, including R&B, pop, and dancehall.
40. Drake is considered one of the most successful and influential artists of his generation, with a career spanning over a decade.