Juice Wrld, born Jarad Higgins on December 2, 1998, was an immensely talented American rapper, singer, and songwriter. Rising to prominence in the SoundCloud era, he captivated audiences with his unique blend of emo rap, melodic hooks, and introspective lyrics. Known for his freestyle abilities and impressive wordplay, Juice Wrld quickly gained a dedicated fanbase and achieved mainstream success with his breakout hit, “Lucid Dreams.” His music often explored themes of heartbreak, mental health, and drug use, reflecting his own personal struggles. Tragically, Juice Wrld passed away on December 8, 2019, at the age of 21. Despite his untimely death, his impact on the music industry and his fans’ lives remains profound, solidifying him as a talented artist whose legacy will continue to resonate for years to come. In this list, you’ll discover 40 interesting Juice Wrld facts.
1. Juice Wrld was born on December 2, 1998, in Chicago, Illinois.
2. His birth name was Jarad Anthony Higgins.
3. He adopted the stage name "Juice Wrld" as a tribute to the 1992 film "Juice" and his belief that he was the "Juice" of his generation.
4. Juice Wrld began freestyling and writing music at a young age.
5. He gained popularity by uploading his songs to SoundCloud, where he quickly garnered a loyal following.
6. He signed a record deal with Interscope Records in early 2018.
7. Juice Wrld's breakout hit single, "Lucid Dreams," peaked at number two on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.8. His debut studio album, "Goodbye & Good Riddance,"
was released in May 2018 and received critical acclaim.
9. Juice Wrld was heavily influenced by artists like Travis Scott, Kanye West, and Kid Cudi.
10. He was known for his ability to freestyle for hours on end, often incorporating personal experiences and emotions into his lyrics.
11. Juice Wrld was known for his melodic rap style, blending elements of hip-hop, rock, and emo music.
12. He was a skilled pianist and often incorporated piano melodies into his songs.
13. Juice Wrld released two successful collaborative albums: "Wrld on Drugs" with Future and "Death Race for Love" with producer Nick Mira.
14. He was known for his high-energy live performances and often engaged with his audience during shows.
15. Juice Wrld was open about his struggles with mental health and often addressed themes of anxiety, depression, and drug use in his music.
16. He cited his favorite video game, "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time," as a major inspiration for his music.
17. Juice Wrld's second studio album, "Death Race for Love," debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 chart.
18. He collaborated with numerous artists, including BTS, Ellie Goulding, and Eminem.
19. Juice Wrld was known for his rapid-fire delivery and ability to effortlessly switch between singing and rapping.
20. He had a close friendship with rapper Ski Mask the Slump God, and the two frequently collaborated on music.
21. Juice Wrld was a prolific artist, reportedly recording thousands of songs during his short career.
22. He often sampled rock and pop songs in his music, showcasing his diverse musical influences.
23. Juice Wrld was a big fan of the anime series "Death Note" and even referenced it in some of his songs.
24. He was known for his charitable acts and donated to various organizations, including the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
25. Juice Wrld was an avid skateboarder and often shared videos of his skateboarding skills on social media.
26. He had a strong presence on social media platforms like Instagram and Twitter, where he connected with his fans.
27. Juice Wrld won several awards during his career, including Top New Artist at the 2019 Billboard Music Awards.
28. He had a close relationship with his mother, who was a supportive figure in his life and career.
29. Juice Wrld's music often resonated with young listeners, who related to his honest and vulnerable lyrics.
30. He was known for his freestyle rap battles, showcasing his quick wit and lyrical prowess.
31. Juice Wrld released a collaborative album with rapper Juice WRLD 999, titled "Juice WRLD 999."
32. He was a frequent collaborator with producer Nick Mira, with whom he created some of his biggest hits.
33. Juice Wrld's music videos often featured vivid and imaginative visuals, reflecting his creative vision.
34. He was a fan of rock bands like Blink-182 and Paramore and often incorporatedrock elements into his music.
35. Juice Wrld had a large following on YouTube, where his music videos garnered millions of views.
36. He was known for his unpredictable and spontaneous freestyles during interviews and radio appearances.
37. Juice Wrld's lyrics often referenced past relationships and personal experiences, painting a vivid picture of his life.
38. He was a prolific songwriter, often writing multiple songs in a single day.
39. Juice Wrld's untimely death occurred on December 8, 2019, following a seizure at Chicago's Midway International Airport.
40. His legacy continues to inspire fans and fellow artists, solidifying him as a talented artist whose impact on the music industry will be remembered for years to come.