Lil Peep was an American rapper and musician, who died on November 15, 2017, at the age of 21, due to overdose. He was one of the most talented young rappers and known as one of the leading artists of the “post-emo revival” style of rock and hip-hop. Check out the 15 surprising things about the late rapper we compiled for you.
15. Lil Peep’s real name is Gustav Elijah Ahr.
14. He was born on November 1, 1996.
He was born in Allentown, Pennsylvania, the US.
13. Both his parents have a Harvard Degree.
Peep's mother was a first grade teacher and his father was a college professor.
12. When he was a teenager, his parents divorced.
His father left and Gus stayed with his mother.
11. He dropped out of High school.
He never liked high school and dropped out. Then he took online courses to earn his diploma.
10. He grew up in Long Island, New York.
9. He was half Irish half Swedish.
8. When he was 17, he moved to Los Angeles to pursue his career in music.
7. His first mixtape, Lil Peep Part One, was released in 2015.
Lil Peep Part One was released in 2015 and generated 4,000 plays in its first week.
6. Because his career started on SoundCloud, he was described as a “SoundCloud rapper”.
5. His musical style is considered emo-rap.
4. He described himself as a “productive junkie”.
And he always advised his audience not to do drugs.
3. On November 15, 2017, Peep was found dead on his tour bus.
He was found dead when his manager went to check on him in preparation for that night’s performance at a Tucson, Arizona venue.
2. After his death, he became a millionaire overnight.
After his death, he became a millionaire overnight, after fans totally emptied his online merch store. However, he just had a net worth of $300 thousand dollars before he died.
1. He sorta felt that he was about to die.
Just a few hours before his death he posted on one of his social media accounts, “when I die, you’ll miss me”.