Maneskin is an Italian rock band formed in 2016 in Rome. The group consists of vocalist Damiano David, guitarist Thomas Raggi, bassist Victoria de Angelis and drummer Ethan Torchio. The band’s fame began to grow internationally, shortly after they won the Eurovision Song Contest 2021 for Italy with their song “Zitti e buoni”. Check out the 8 surprising things about Maneskin we compiled for you.
8. Måneskin means "moonlight" in Danish.
One of the founders of the group, bassist Victoria de Angelis has Danish ancestry.
7. Their guitarist Thomas Raggi and bassist Victoria de Angelis met at school.
Since they both attended the same middle school, Victoria de Angelis and Thomas Raggi have known each other.
6. They decided to start the band while they were in the J.F. Kennedy Scientific High School.
Then the singer Damiano David joined the band during his high school days.
5. They were later joined by drummer Ethan Torchio.
He was recruited through a Facebook ad.
4. Their singer Damiano David shares his birthday with two rock icons.
He shares his birthday with Elvis Presley and David Bowie. The young singer Damiano David was born on January 8, 1999 while Elvis Presley was born on January 8, 1935 and David Bowie was born on January 8, 1947.
3. They became famous on X Factor Italia.
2. They were street performers before getting famous.
1. Harry Styles is their inspiration.
In their interview with The Upcoming, at the time of their London gig on 22 February 2019, they said that they have very different tastes, ranging from Bruno Mars to the Red Hot Chili Peppers through the Arctic Monkeys. However, the former One Direction singer Harry Styles is the one they are inspired by the most.