Snoop Dogg, born Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr. on October 20, 1971, is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, and actor. Known for his laid-back flow, smooth delivery, and distinctive voice, Snoop Dogg rose to prominence in the early 1990s as one of the key figures in West Coast hip-hop. He gained widespread recognition with his debut album, “Doggystyle,” which became a critical and commercial success. Snoop Dogg’s music often celebrates the laid-back lifestyle of Southern California, with themes of partying, romance, and street life. With his unique blend of funk, R&B, and gangsta rap, he has released numerous hit songs, including “Gin and Juice,” “Drop It Like It’s Hot,” and “Beautiful.” Apart from his music career, Snoop Dogg has ventured into acting, appearing in several movies and TV shows, showcasing his versatility and charismatic presence. He has also been involved in various entrepreneurial ventures, including a line of cannabis products and his own digital media platform, Merry Jane. Throughout his career, Snoop Dogg has remained a beloved and influential figure in the hip-hop community, continuing to release new music and collaborate with a wide range of artists. With his iconic style, laid-back demeanor, and enduring popularity, Snoop Dogg has solidified his status as a true hip-hop legend. In this list, you’ll discover 40 interesting Snoop Dogg facts.
1. Snoop Dogg's real name is Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr.
2. He was born on October 20, 1971, in Long Beach, California, USA.
3. Snoop Dogg's stage name was inspired by his childhood nickname, "Snoopy," due to his resemblance to the Peanuts character.
4. He gained fame in the early 1990s as a protégé of Dr. Dre and featured prominently on Dr. Dre's iconic album, "The Chronic."
5. Snoop Dogg's debut solo album, "Doggystyle," released in 1993, became the first debut album to enter the charts at number one.
6. He is known for his unique flow and laid-back delivery, which has become his trademark style.
7. Snoop Dogg is a multi-talented artist, excelling in rapping, singing, songwriting, and producing.
8. He has sold over 30 million albums worldwide, making him one of the best-selling hip-hop artists of all time.
9. Snoop Dogg has collaborated with a wide range of artists, including Dr. Dre, Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry, and Wiz Khalifa.
10. He has won multiple awards throughout his career, including MTV Video Music Awards, BET Awards, and Billboard Music Awards.
11. Snoop Dogg has been nominated for 17 Grammy Awards but has yet to win one.
12. He has been involved in various acting projects, appearing in movies like "Training Day," "Starsky & Hutch," and "Soul Plane."
13. Snoop Dogg has also made guest appearances on popular TV shows, including "Empire," "The Boondocks," and "The Simpsons."
14. He has hosted his own TV shows, such as "Snoop Dogg's Father Hood" and the YouTube series "GGN News."
15. Snoop Dogg is known for his love of sports, particularly football and basketball, and has coached and sponsored youth sports teams.
16. He has been an avid supporter of various charitable causes, including his Snoop Youth Football League and the Snoop Dogg Foundation.
17. Snoop Dogg is a passionate advocate for the legalization and decriminalization of marijuana.
18. He has released multiple albums under different aliases, including Snoop Lion (for his reggae-inspired album "Reincarnated") and Snoopzilla (for his funk collaboration with Dam-Funk).
19. Snoop Dogg has his own line of cannabis products called Leafs by Snoop, which includes strains, edibles, and concentrates.
20. He has published an autobiography, "Tha Doggfather," detailing his life and career.
21. Snoop Dogg has been involved in various legal issues throughout his life, including arrests for drug possession and weapons charges.
22. He is a self-proclaimed fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers and often references the team in his music.
23. Snoop Dogg has a close friendship with fellow rapper and collaborator, Wiz Khalifa.
24. He is known for his laid-back and humorous personality, often seen smiling and cracking jokes.
25. Snoop Dogg is a talented freestyle rapper and has participated in numerous rap battles.
26. He has been a vocal supporter of social justice issues, including police reform and ending racial inequality.
27. Snoop Dogg has been married to his high school sweetheart, Shante Taylor, since 1997, although they briefly divorced in 2004 before reconciling.
28. He has three children with his wife, and they have been together for over 25 years.
29. Snoop Dogg has a diverse range of musical influences, including funk, soul, reggae, and classic hip-hop.
30. He has been featured on songs by artists from various genres, including pop, rock, and electronic music.
31. Snoop Dogg has his own line of clothing and merchandise, including hats, t-shirts, and accessories.
32. He has been involved in video game projects, lending his voice and likeness to characters in games like "True Crime: Streets of LA" and "Call of Duty: Ghosts."
33. Snoop Dogg has his own digital media platform called Merry Jane, which focuses on cannabis culture and lifestyle.
34. He has performed at major music festivals around the world, including Coachella, Glastonbury, and Lollapalooza.
35. Snoop Dogg has had a successful career in reality TV, appearing as a judge on shows like "Dogg After Dark" and "The Joker's Wild."
36. He has been recognized with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2018.
37. Snoop Dogg has released a cookbook titled "From Crook to Cook," featuring hisfavorite recipes.
38. He has been a vocal fan and supporter of the Los Angeles Lakers basketball team.
39. Snoop Dogg has collaborated with numerous iconic artists, such as Tupac Shakur, Nate Dogg, and Charlie Wilson.
40. He continues to be an influential and respected figure in hip-hop, with a career spanning over three decades.