Ready for these taco facts to live in your head rent free?
1. Taco is a traditional Mexican dish which predates the first arrival of the Spanish in Mexico.
2. Even though it didn't exist by that name, tacos have been around since there was a tortilla.
3. It is one of the dishes that are eaten without utensils.
4. Tacos consist of a tortilla folded or rolled around a filling.
5. A taco could be filled with almost anything.
6. Tacos came to the U.S. in the early 1900s, But Taco Bell popularized them in the U.S.
7. Americans eat more than 4.5 billion tacos every year.
8. It is one of the most beloved fast foods consumed for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or as a late-night snack.
9. The National Taco Day is celebrated annually on October 4, in the USA.
10. The world’s most expensive taco is $25,000 and served at Frida.
11. The biggest taco ever made was 246 feet long and constructed on November 20th, 2011 in Queretaro, Mexico.
12. The term for the food means “light lunch” there are other translations as well, such as “plug” or “wad.”
13. You can't generally find tacos at lunchtime in Mexico, since Mexicans have their big meal in the afternoon, Tacos are available on the street usually in the morning or late at night.
14. Mexican cuisine has endless flavors, colors, and styles of tacos, which makes tacos the symbol of Mexico’s cuisine.
15. The taco truck was probably the first food truck ever.
16. The main difference between taco and burrito is that burritos as a rule are much larger than tacos with single burritos comprising a whole meal.
17. There are over 20,000 different taco recipes, according to the Mexican Department of Agriculture.
18. Back in the day, tacos were considered poor people’s food in Mexico.
19. The word "Taquería" means "taco shop" in Spanish, however, originally, the term was used to refer to street vendors, but, in time it has come to be used more generally to refer to any type of establishment serving authentic Mexican food.