Everybody knows that the Solar System is all about the Sun and everything bound to it by gravity. It simply consists of planets, moons, and billions of little celestial bodies. Today, we compiled a list of 10 interesting facts about the Solar System for you.
10. The Solar System consists of 8 planets.
Which can be listed as Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.
9. There are also 5 dwarf planets in the Solar System.
Which can be listed as Ceres, Pluto, Eris, Haumea, and Makemake.
8. Mercury is the smallest planet in our Solar System.
7. However, the biggest planet of our Solar System is Jupiter.
6. The Solar System is about 4.6 billion years old.
5. There are more than 200 known moons in the Solar System.
4. Neptune is the last planet discovered in the Solar System.
3. Venus has been known since ancient times as it can be seen easily without a telescope.
2. Every planet in our Solar System is round like balls.
1. Mankind has successfully sent spacecraft to every planet in our Solar System.